Each day, everything 你 do is made possible by 你r brain, spine and nerves. They take 你 where 你 want to go, let 你 interact with the world and help make 你 你. When 你 experience injury, illness or pain, it can feel like 你 have lost a part of 你rself. 在 神经科学研究所 圣弗朗西斯队, 你 can get back to feeling like 你 again – doing the activities 你 love, 和最重要的人在一起.
The 神经科学研究所 at 圣弗朗西斯医疗保健系统 is the region’s leader in diagnosing, treating and managing injuries and illnesses of the brain, spine and nerves – with some of the top experts in the country. Our highly skilled specialists provide leading-edge diagnostic imaging and advanced medical, 外科手术 and rehabilitative technologies and treatment options.
When 你 experience injury or illness related to 你r nervous system, 你 want the very best care to help 你 get back to feeling like 你rself. 在神经科学研究所, we are committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients. We adhere to rigorous national standards for processes and patient outcomes to provide exceptional care.
病人 receive focused care at these specialized centers and clinics:
- 中风研究中心, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for stroke emergencies.
The 脊柱卓越中心 means 你’ll get the right care at the right time — every time.
Our neuroscience experts at Saint Francis will complete a thorough assessment to determine the best treatment options for 你, from physical therapy to pain management to spine surgery.
Our specialists provide leading-edge diagnostic imaging and advanced medical, 外科手术 and rehabilitative technologies and treatment options. Plus, our experts offer the latest minimally invasive techniques for spine surgery.
和, 我们的专家在更多的地方为更多的病人服务, 包括法, 杨树虚张声势和Sikeston位置.
To put 你r back and neck pain behind 你, call 573-331-5111
The 神经科学研究所 offers leading-edge diagnostic imaging and advanced medical, 外科手术, and rehabilitative care for a wide range of neurological disorders, 包括:
- 急性和慢性疼痛 – Acute and chronic pain is defined as long-term, 严重的身体不适, 包括颈部疼痛和背部疼痛.
- 阿尔茨海默病 -这种大脑紊乱会导致痴呆, which is the degeneration of intellectual functions, 比如记忆.
- 肌萎缩侧索硬化症 -肌萎缩侧索硬化(ALS), 俗称卢伽雷氏症, is a motor neuron disease that causes muscle weakness and atrophy.
- 癫痫 – 癫痫 is a common disorder of the brain that causes recurring seizures.
- 多发性硬化症 – Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease of the central nervous system thought to be the result of a malfunction in the immune system. This progressive disease causes loss of myelin (the fatty substance that covers and protects nerves) in the brain or spinal cord and can cause deterioration in muscle strength, 视力, 演讲, 和运动.
- 帕金森病 – Parkinson’s disease is a disorder of the nervous system caused by the decay of dopamine-producing brain cells.
- 脊柱疾病 – Spinal disorders are the disturbance of normal functioning of the spinal column and/or spinal cord.
- 中风 – 中风s occur when blood stops flowing to the brain. Conditions resulting from a stroke may include the loss of consciousness, 演讲, 或者局部运动.
- 创伤性脑损伤 – Traumatic brain injuries are serious neurological injuries caused by unexpected situations including automobile accidents. Symptoms of a mild traumatic brain injury include dizziness or vertigo, 头痛或偏头痛, 和混乱.
诊断和治疗各种疾病, the 神经科学研究所 uses a number of advanced technologies, 包括:
- EEG monitoring (including 24-hour and video EEG)
- PET / CT扫描
The 神经科学研究所 serves as the home base for some of the top neurological experts in the country. Our neurosurgeons have trained at some of the finest teaching hospitals and have performed thousands of procedures, 包括:
- Kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty for compression fractures
The 神经科学研究所’s rehabilitation program begins the first day of the patient’s stay, where we provide education and therapy modalities patients need to return to the community. Our program consistently exceeds national benchmarks for patient care and includes: